The smells at the Disney Parks and Resorts make for some of the most emotional memories on a Disney Vacation. Whether we're visiting Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, or any other Disney destination, what we smell is not only memorable but also completely intentional. Whether it's the savory smell of popcorn walking down Main Street USA, the soothing smell of lavender in a Disney Resort lobby, the musty smell of dust at the Haunted Mansion, or the sweet smell of pie at Mickey's Philharmagic, Disney knows that our olfactory senses are our strongest. The scents at Disney are meant to immerse us into a new world and evoke specific emotions, which is why Disney spends a great deal of time matching the right scent to each part of an attraction, store, restaurant, hotel, or land. It's also why most Disney fans recall these smells so fondly, even those that are sometimes unintentional.
In today's episode we'll explore our favorite smells at Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Disney Cruise Line. We'll also discuss the reasons we picked each smell and why we feel that the power of scent makes for some of our most emotional Disney memories.
Joining me on today's podcast are Philander (you can follow him on Instagram @philanderc85) and a new guest, Lisa DiNoto-Glassner. Lisa is not only the mastermind behind The Castle Run (follow her on Instagram @thecastlerunner) but also the genius who brought us Core Memory Candles. Friends, if you're missing the smells at Disney, please be sure to give Core Memory Candles a try. As a lifelong Disney fan, I have never been this impressed with Disney-inspired candles (yes, that includes those big name companies you're thinking of right now). I light a Core Memory Candle just about every single day and will continue to endorse Lisa's candles at no cost to her. I am a huge fan! You can see how much I love these candles in one of my YouTube videos. The Grand, Ocean Flight, Fall of Rome, Castillo Del Morro and Riviera are just a few of my favorites. Try and I promise you won't be disappointed!
To turn the conversation over to you, which smells at Disney do you love the most? Send me your feedback via email or through direct or public message at any of the following and [with your permission] I'll include your message in a future show:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ImagineerPodcast
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ImagineerPodcast
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/ImagineerNews
- Facebook Group (ImagiNation): https://www.facebook.com/groups/imagineerpodcast/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disney news and travel tips: Be sure to visit our Disney news partner, The Kingdom Insider:
- Website: https://thekingdominsider.com
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/KingdomInsider
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thekingdominsider/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/tkidisneynews
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfNy6LP8uPSjsktoPBr5JTQ
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/TKIDisneyNews/
Vacation Planning: Planning a trip to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, or another Disney destination? Visit our trusted partner, Academy Travel:
- Walt Disney World: https://apps.itams.com/AcademyCRM/form/waltdisney/IP
- Disneyland: https://apps.itams.com/AcademyCRM/form/disneyland/IP
- Disney Cruise Line: https://apps.itams.com/AcademyCRM/form/disneycruise/IP
- Aulani: https://apps.itams.com/AcademyCRM/form/Aulani/IP
- Adventures by Disney: https://apps.itams.com/AcademyCRM/form/DisneyAdventure/IP
How to Support the Show
- Share the podcast with your friends
- Rate and review on iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-imagineerpodcasts-podcast/id1244558092
- Join the Imagineer Society - https://www.patreon.com/imagineerpodcast
- Purchase merchandise - https://www.teepublic.com/stores/imagineer-podcast?ref_id=8929
- Download Imagineer Tours - http://imagineertours.com
Special thanks to our Hero Patreon members!
- Crystal W
- Thomas N
Enjoy the show!