Tom K. Morris, former Creative Development Executive at Walt Disney Imagineering, led an impressive 35-year career with WED. Working at Walt Disney Imagineering from 1980 until 2016, Tom helped to develop attractions like Journey Into Imagination, Star Tours, Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Paris, and Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park. Tom also served as an executive producer for Hong Kong Disneyland, and he helped develop concepts for attractions like Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster: Starring Aerosmith and DisneyQuest. Beyond his role in Imagineering, Tom is also a lifelong Disney fan and a fellow Disney historian.
In this episode, I have the honor of chatting with Tom about his early days at Disneyland, his transition to Walt Disney Imagineering (still known as WED at the time), some of the classic attractions he helped to develop, and his new books, which are currently in development.
Be sure to follow Tom on Social Media.
Which of Tom's many projects is your favorite? Send me your feedback via email or through direct or public message at any of the following and [with your permission] I'll include your message in a future show:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ImagineerPodcast
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ImagineerPodcast
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/ImagineerNews
- Facebook Group (ImagiNation): https://www.facebook.com/groups/imagineerpodcast/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disney news and travel tips: Be sure to visit our Disney news partner, The Kingdom Insider:
- Website: https://thekingdominsider.com
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/KingdomInsider
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thekingdominsider/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/tkidisneynews
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfNy6LP8uPSjsktoPBr5JTQ
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/TKIDisneyNews/
Vacation Planning: Planning a trip to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, or another Disney destination? Visit our trusted partner, Academy Travel:
- Walt Disney World: https://apps.itams.com/AcademyCRM/form/waltdisney/IP
- Disneyland: https://apps.itams.com/AcademyCRM/form/disneyland/IP
- Disney Cruise Line: https://apps.itams.com/AcademyCRM/form/disneycruise/IP
- Aulani: https://apps.itams.com/AcademyCRM/form/Aulani/IP
- Adventures by Disney: https://apps.itams.com/AcademyCRM/form/DisneyAdventure/IP
How to Support the Show
- Share the podcast with your friends
- Rate and review on iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-imagineerpodcasts-podcast/id1244558092
- Join the Imagineer Society - https://www.patreon.com/imagineerpodcast
- Purchase merchandise - https://www.teepublic.com/stores/imagineer-podcast?ref_id=8929
- Download Imagineer Tours - http://imagineertours.com
Be sure to check out our sponsor WDW Magazine, the premier magazine focused on Walt Disney World, available in print or digital.
Special thanks to our Hero Patreon members!
- Thomas N
Enjoy the show!